The Wright Brothers made flight a reality right here in Montgomery County, Ohio, USA. For more than 100 years, a cluster focused on flight technology applications and aerospace innovation has flourished, generating workforce development, supply chain efficiencies, and targeted business/tax incentives.
There has never been a better time for new and expanding aerospace and UAS companies to look at the Dayton region.
Locals say, “It’s great in Dayton.” It’s true.
Montgomery County, Ohio, USA is a hub of industry, academia and defense, presenting profitable opportunities for aerospace and UAS companies to thrive.
OUR REGION BOASTS:
• Higher education institutions with high-level research and development capabilities including the University of Dayton Research Institute, the Wright State Research Institute, Sinclair Community College’s National UAS Center and FAA Certification Center, as well as the Ohio UAS Center
• The home of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, a premiere hub of the United States military, and the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), a scientific studies institution focused on discovery, development, an integration of aerospace warfighting technologies
• Proximity to the Springfield Air National Guard Base, which is focused on intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for the state and federal government
Access to necessary infrastructure:
• 6th largest highway interstate system
• 5 international airports in the state including the Dayton International Airport with a nearly 3M air passenger travel capacity and 17 direct flight routes
• 4th largest network of railroads
• The fourth largest concentration of engineers in the USA with 19 higher education institutions
• A high quality of life and affordability; Forbes called Dayton America’s “Most Affordable City” and a “Top 10 Area for Education”
• Robust state tax incentives to ease or offset Commercial Activity Tax (CAT)
• A growing Israeli trade network through the Dayton Region Israel Trade Alliance (DRITA)
• Business support services to ease relocation through Montgomery County Economic Development, The Entrepreneurs’ Center, DRITA and more